Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nick & Nicole: Engagement Session


Oh my goodness. I can't even describe how these photos give me butterflies each time I look at them. I mean I just fall in love over and over, and I really can't pick a favorite. Not to mention this couple was amazing to photograph as they were the ones who had the idea of going to a dive bar wearing fancy clothes ;) If you know us, you know that we LOVE anything and everything that is a little different and this hit the spot. Over Thanksgiving when we were in Carmel, I received an email from Nicole saying that she wanted to have engagement photos taken while Nick was home from school. When I say "home from school" I mean "home from law school in Washington DC". I know being away from each other has got to be so difficult and challenging, but these two make it work and it is so evident in these photos and in person that they really love and care for each other.







 The necklace that Nicole is wearing (or should I say "sporting" like they do in magazines and online gossip sites? ha!) is near and dear to her as it was from Nick. I had at first put that it was from her niece, but her niece just loves it and she calls it "Uncle Nick's heart"...awe! So sweet! I love that it's this simple but bold accent and it has a special meaning to Nicole. ;)


 Hello, handsome!
 And hellooooo, Gorgeous!


 Two Whiskey's on the rocks, please! Off to a little dive bar in walking distance from her place in Long Beach. Seriously, how awesome is the tux and dress combo?

 There was a lobster tank at the dive bar. A LOBSTER TANK! Ha! They were up for some goofy photos :)

Oh yes, they were dancing in the street. In a dress and tux. After going to a dive bar. Where old people stared them down. It happened. We loved it.

 After walking home, they both requested to have a couple photos of them on their laptops. Donny and I spend many an hour on our laptops and we look similar to these. How cute are they? hehe ;) Nicole and Nick are such a sweet couple, and we can't wait to be a part of their big day in August this year! We are so excited to capture all the special moments on their wedding day and to have them be as excited as they are over these photos. Congrats Nicole & Nick! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment