Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Engaged! Vinny is a grown up :)

 Writing about this post might make me hyperventilate with excitement, or I'll just sit here and try to control my breathing since I'm sure that would wake up the sleep dog that is always hyper--always! Today, Vinny proposed to Mackenzie! It's crazy to be typing this since these two have been dating the same amount of time that Donny and I were dating when he proposed to me. When Donny proposed, we got a lot of different reactions all across the board. Not to say that people weren't happy for us or didn't like me or anything, but Donny was one of the first in his little group to be getting married--Eric, who you saw in this post was the first from their small group--and from my time with getting to know everyone, I know that they wanted what we had too.

Back in February 2011, Donny and I went over to Vinny's house for a party which at the time was a weekly thing as the boys all moved in with each other in a house in Manhattan Beach. We walked into the party and saw this brunette that was playing a mad game of beer pong...and she was good. I am not good at beer pong. I'm horrible actually. Anyways, I kept looking at her and trying to think of who she reminded me of and then it hit me. She looks like Emma Watson! Or at least her nose and mouth and eyes do haha :) I had an immediate "girl crush" on Mackenzie. She is just so down to earth and sweet, but can also keep you on your toes. Seeing Vinny and Mackenzie together really reminded me of Donny and myself when we first started dating--I was really excited with how this was unfolding :)

On November 10th, I had just came home from a girls night at the movies and Donny had the boys over for poker. Donny pulled me into the kitchen to "talk". Of course when anyone says they want to "talk" you panic, right? What good comes from "I want to talk to you"? haha! Anyways, once we were in the kitchen Donny just starts asking me really general and surface questions. Like "Really? You pulled me into the other room to talk about my day and ask about the movie I just saw?" (I had just seen Moneyball--loved it btw :) I love anything that has a connection to Cleveland, OH) Then in walks Vinny...and he plops this box in front of me. And by box, I mean a velvet, black box that a RING comes in.

Holy. Cow. I was so excited and happy! Also, I love that I was in on a secret that was as big as this :)
I really have loved seeing these two grow together and fall in love--they really are great together, and no, I'm not just saying that. Granted I've only known Vinny for 2 years (fact: I met Vinny the same night I met Donny), but this is the happiest I have ever seen him, and we are so thrilled for these two.

Vinny proposed to Mackenzie today in Hawaii and we are so excited to hear all about it! Donny and I both received texts from the two of them. I of course kept telling both of them that I'm about to freak out at work--I kept telling them both this all day haha! It's what I do. I get excited over everything, big and small. <3 Here are some photos of Mackenzie's ring below. Now tell me this isn't a gorgeous ring! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment