Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A sickly movie review

It's time for a movie review--a sickly movie review! It's been ages since I've watched this much TV and 3 movies in a day. Granted I'm sick, but still I've been meaning to catch up on my flicks.


Movie #1: Friends With Benefits. I liked the movie, but I felt like I was watching No Strings Attached except for this one took place in New York. Mila Kunis is more snarky and scrapy than Natalie Portman, but I still can't get past Justin Timberlake and his N'SYNC days. Maybe throw Ryan Gosling or some British actor and it could be better than No Strings. But like I said, I am a horrible movie critic as it's hard for me to not like a movie.


Movie #2: Straw Dogs. This movie came out the night before our wedding, and while I tried to talk Donny into seeing this on opening night, drinking wine at our rehearsal dinner is what went down. Anyways, so a couple months passed and we started to watch Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of True Blood, and then I realized that Eric Northman Alexander Skarsgard was in this flick (Alexander's character on True Blood is Eric Northman if you didn't catch that), and ohhh myyyy. Do I have to explain the "ohhh myyyy"? Granted he IS the bad guy in this movie, and I could argue that he is only partially bad guy on True Blood, but I still liked this movie--I'd watch it again, but I'm still wondering if anything happens to Jeremy and what's the outcome after the coach's daughter was accidentally killed. Anyone know the answer to that? Donny doesn't understand my random urges to watch scary movies.


Move #3: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. OMG! Can I just state that Harry Potter movies (except for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...we can forgive you for that one) are better than (dare I say it?) Twilight?! Ok I just stated it. Now, I already saw this when it was in theaters. Are you kidding? I couldn't wait for DVD. I love how everything ties together, all the effects and revenge scenes. I mean good lord. SO GOOD! I am hoping that this is a Christmas gift or I am buying it on the 26th. I also just saw the 4th installment of the Twilight films and wasn't impressed. I think their best movie has been Twilight, and all the others are just "ehh". This movie (and Deathly Hallows Part 1) is exactly why Harry Potter is better than Twilight...and these guys can at least act--did I go there too? I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment