Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's a New Year! What are your plans? :)

Happy New Years!! 

It's a new year and while we can't say anymore that we are getting married this year, we still have many many blessings to look forward to! I've seen and read so many negative comments of 2011, but instead of looking at all the bad, why not count all the positive moments? I'll start with our 2011 re-cap :)

We spent the majority of the year planning our September wedding, and while most can argue if you can make it through planning a wedding together, you can make it through a marriage. Yes, I am sure this is partially true, but I think if you can make it through a complete DIY wedding while paying off debt and paying over half of the wedding (not to mention taking the full bill for the honeymoon too), then you can make it through a marriage! Of course wedding planning is stressful--you add "wedding" to anything and the price doubles, but I wouldn't change a thing. We really learned to work together and how to plan financially.
This doesn't look like much now, but we had such an awesome wedding in this barn in the midst of a vineyard.
Our friends. are. the best. Period! We are so thankful for our friends, near and far. I have become so close with a core group of girlfriends--it makes me feel like a girly sitcom, minus the cameras and professional hair and makeup team. 

Of course we are thankful to still have our jobs especially in this economy. Oh right! You might think that we do this full time--I wish! But that is the goal for me:) But until then, Donny is a Project Manager for Aerospace and I am an Assistant Director for a marketing research company. Corporate workers by day, photographers and graphic designers by night!

Family. I'm am thankful for having our 2 families join together.

Lastly, we are so blessed to be able to work together and start this new adventure together! I can't wait to see what 2012 holds!
 xoxo,
Donny & Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment