Thursday, December 22, 2011

There's nothing wrong with the boxed baked goods!

 It's 2 days before Christmas...and I still. haven't. really. shopped. yet. (I'm planning on it tonight though) Actually not much has happened since I'm sickly and it's getting old. I'm finding it hard to rest and stay put. I think someone needs to shoot me with a tranquilizer dart. You can find me roaming around my house and possibly the grocery store looking for baking supplies. I keep having this vision that I'll Betty Crocker up the kitchen with some amazing recipes from Pinterest or something.  You might also find me still trying to find a parking spot at the mall. I mean seriously! I sat in the car while I was being herded along like cattle in the parking lot. California--you need more parking spaces. Period. I need to finish shopping. My husband has gifts for me under the tree, and I need to get a few last things, but I can't do that without a parking spot. This is procrastination at its best! I'm giving you permission to tranquilize me. Seriously. Tis the season, right? :)
BTW, I am so thankful for all the Christmas Card love that we have been blessed with this year. I still have this vision that we will write up a witty letter, take a cute family photo, and ship it out to everyone we love. There's still time. Don't write it off just yet. I clearly am in the mindset that I'm Wonder Woman.
Does he not look super annoyed? He gets annoyed if cuddling is not on his own terms. What a prima donna.
There is nothing wrong with the boxed goodies! But we bought 4 Brownie boxes, 3 Chocolate Chunk boxes, 2 Peanut Butter Cookies, and 1 Oatmeal Raisin packets. I'm pretty sure I have overestimated what I can do at this point in the game. Also, my cold just became friends with a cough. I am really hitting the jackpot here.
The "vision" I had of baking from scratch is definitely not happening this year. Way too much work. Not to mention there are 10 grown men in the garage playing poker and smoking cigars. That's just asking for treats to go missing. Andddd I was able to sneak out and go to Target for the last of the gifts..and I'm finally le tired. Must. Bake. NOW!
2 days! <3 Are any of you feeling the way I am right about now? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment